Posted on February 27, 2013 in Blog
Reiki is a stress reduction and relaxation technique that also promotes healing of the body, mind and spirit developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui.
It is done by using gentle hands positions on the client, which transfers “life force energy” (sometimes called Universal Love) that flows through the practitioner to the client.
Many of my clients report a wonderful glowing radiance and warmth flowing from my hands to them during a Reiki session resulting in feelings of peace, security and wellbeing.
Based on beneficial results with clients around the world Reiki is now used in hospitals and clinics as a holistic adjunct to allopathic therapy. Because it is simple, natural and safe it works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques.
The “light switch” to begin accessing Reiki energy is transferred from the teacher to the student during a Reiki class.
There are three stages that build on each other. (See Below) Level One teaches you how to use Reiki on the physical body for your self and others. Once you have been attuned to it you will find it flowing through you for self-care and the care of others.
I am a certified Usui Reiki Master and Teacher and use Reiki energy during each my AvivaLife sessions.
Reiki infuses the effects all the other modalities I use when used in conjunction with them. When it is a priority for the client I will do a full session of just Reiki.
You can use Reiki anywhere. Sometimes, when not in my office, my hands will get warm as Reiki energy spontaneously begins to flow. It’s a signal there is someone nearby me who needs healing. (X) So far no one has refused when I ask if I can share some this gentle energy with them!
How much could Reiki contribute to your well-being, health and family? Join me for my level one Reiki classes!
You don’t need to become a Reiki practitioner to enjoy the benefits of this calming, loving, technique. Once you learn it you have it for a lifetime. It can be used to heal elders, children, animals and plants!
Learn more about Reiki from my From Weird to Wonder radio blog guest Dr. Prabhu Kumar as he talks about Reiki, it’s origins, its use and it’s application in creating Love!
Six Benefits of Reiki
- Stress Reduction: Reiki relaxes the body and the mind.
- Balancing the Mind and Emotions: its calming technique regulates the body’s systems
- Pain Relief: relieve migraines, arthritis, sciatica and many other physical maladies
- Speeds Recovery. When the body is regulated it can repair itself faster and more efficiently especially after injury or surgery.
- Opening the Heart: by receiving the compassionate, grace filled energy of Reiki (whose source is Universal Love) our body/mind “practices” this state. We receive more of it so we can give more of it to others!
- Clearing blocks of energy in the body: As the healing energy flows through the body the body remembers it’s natural state of wellness, allowing the body more ease in letting go limiting physical patters, thoughts, and emotions.
Three Levels of Reiki
Reiki Level I
The level one attunement will put you in touch with the source of the life energy available in the universe so you can learn how to channel it. You will engage in self-healing, release of negativity and the clearing of negative energy blocks.
Reiki Level II
The second level of Reiki attunement involves learning the Reiki symbols that allow you to direct healing to yourself and others.
Reiki Level III
The final level of Reiki attunement teaches you the final symbol that will let you pass on the attunements to others.
Once attuned, you will meditate daily on the Reiki principals in a self-healing session to restore your energy:
Daily Reiki Practice:
Just for today, do not anger
Just for today, do not worry
Earn your living honestly
Honor those around you
Be grateful for everything and every situation